Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oregon part 1.

We drove to Oregon for the week. It was convenient that there were two weddings. My sister Shannon's and my bestest friend Sammy's. We are only half way through the trip, but I will update you on how it is going so far.

We have eaten lots of road trip food. Karly didn't think I could shove a whole clump of chocolate pretzels in my mouth, she forgot I have a big mouth.

Kroten did really well. We broke up the drive, so he slept a lot and cried a lot but he even smiled for parts of it.

We stopped at Multnoma falls for the first of many many of kroten's beautiful outdoor Oregon experiences.



Kroten dipped his feet in his first Oregon river. He did not like the cold water much.

We went to lots of weddings and Kroten looked so cute.

My handsome boys in my favorite place in the whole world.

We visited the Portland temple for Sam's endowments.

Kroten Played with his cousin Xander.

Actually Xander tried to play with his cousin, but not only did Kroten not know how, he didn't like it much.

And... drum roll please... Kroten slept two nights so far without being swaddled!!!


Definitely more Oregon highlights later.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

How did I miss you?! ☺

But, I'm happy to got to come home to the motherstate!

The Big B's said...

I love the picture of him sleeping, that is so cute. Hey thanks for hanging out the other day. I had a good time. I hope we can hang out more when you move back.

Introspective Steph said...

what is that thing on Jared's chin? LOL.

Love the picture of you guys in front of the temple!

I can't believe how big Kroten is!!!

Lakes are Great said...

I love his rad oregon shirt...and I love that you love Oregon so much! Only two more months and we are headed your way!