Saturday, August 02, 2008

An ode to Jen.

(Editors Note: You may be totally lost when reading this post, but it is me putting everything on the alter of sacrifice to say sorry to a friend. So if you decide to read it, just keep that in mind.)

Modern communication has shredded the concept of emotion. We no longer can see the other parties tears, winks, hugs, high-fives or smiles. We can no longer hear in a persons voice weather they are happy, sarcastic or serious, giving you a hard time or just being plain mean. All the non-verbal emotional communicating that our forefathers worked so hard to develop over the past 5 billion years has been compressed down to this... :)

I was being sarcastic. I thought this ;P did the non-verbal communicating for me.

On a separate note, you know when you do something so stupid and then you keep saying to yourself why did I do that, over and over again. And then to make it worse, your FRIENDS never let you live it down. Bringing it back up and reminding you eternally that you did something one time, just one time, that was stupid. Yeah, that happened recently, and not to me. I was the mean, sarcastic, stinky friend that brought heart ache to some poor one-time-stupid-thing-saying friend of mine. In my defense I was being sarcastic, but didn't realize the wounds that it might open. Forgiveness is a loaded word in this situation... I forgave you ages ago when I realized that I am beautiful and perfect for Jared ;P. That is supposed to be sarcastic incase everyone didn't pick up on the emoticon. (Just proving my previous point.) But seriously I have forgiven you, and I know you didn't mean it. Maybe is is still such a big deal to me and I keep bringing it up because I think you are beautiful and what you said at the time really intimidated me and made me step back and think. I really hope you read this in the right light. I did not mean what I said to be mean or rude or even to hurt you, I meant it sarcastically and if we were together when I had said it, you would have seen in my smile and the wink that I was joking and I would have lightly punched you in the arm as to say... ok laugh now.

there is no need to ask for forgiveness, that happened forever ago.

1 comment:

The Big B's said...

Kristen I love you and I am so glad you are my friend. First I am not very good at the whole computer thing so I did not know what this ;p meant. I am sorry if my post hurt you in anyway. I never knew you forgave me. I know what a comment like that could do to someone, so I could understand why it would still bother you to this day. The one thing that bothered me, was being reminded at what a big jerk I was. No one wants to be reminded of that. Plus, Jared and I have been good friends for years and I just wanted to be your friend also. It may sound cheesy but its all I got. I didn't mean to make such a big deal about it, but I wanted to put it out there so you knew how sorry I was and I hope we can get past this and build a wonderful friendship from here. You guys are great and I am happy to call you my friends. Love ya tons Jen