Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Dreams... Make em go away.

My sister in law told me about a dream that she had when she was pregnant. It was about a pet dog or pig or something and she was taking care of it like the baby. We all laughed and I cringed a little, becuase of the thought that these dreams would soon start. It has been slow going, a baby dream here and a baby dream there, but I swear now I have one every night. They usually consist of me not taking care of the baby and then feeling bad so I start trying but I dont know how. for example last night in my dream, I didnt know where the diapers were. IT WAS A NITEMARE, pun intended. But the second part of last nights dream was terrible. If I am not dreaming about my inadequecies as a mother, I am dreaming about the child being disformed in someway. In my biology class we learned about a disorder that causes the child to physically develope way too fast. Like on that movie Jack. Well in the second part of last nights dream the kid had that. He was 10 days old and could talk and walk and he was already in school. And the doctors kept telling me "he has a disability" and I was screaming in there face, I KNOW THAT!!! But none of them would do anything about it.
Jared even had a dream the other day that the baby was sitting in his lap and it reached out and grabbed the cat. (no we dont have a cat.) And than the baby just held the cat all day. I am not sure what subconcious thing this is communicating, but I think jared wants a cat.

Overall, I HATE these dreams. None of them are sweet, cute baby, lovey dovey dreams, they are all terrible your going to be a bad mom dreams. I can't wait till my hormones are back to normal!

5 comments:

BECKY said...

YIKES!!!!

thanks for sharing though... those are pretty insanely awesome!

Margaret said...

It's totally normal! So, don't worry about it too much. Your brain is trying to adjust to the new development in your life. Pretty funny dreams though. I'm glad they don't come out walking and talking...I can't imagine putting a baby in time out. Ha Ha

Teresa said...

I've always been surprised at how VIVID pregnancy dreams are compared to regular dreams. And I do remember a few freaky ones like what you've described. You are going to be a GREAT mom! And how can your baby be anything but sweet and adorable in every way? Wishing you some dreamless nights...

Douglas said...

By they way, just so you know, and I am sure you will learn soon enough for yourself, it is not nice to tell a mother that you think her child has any type of abnormality or deficiency. Even if it is true, mothers do not need to have things like this pointed out to them. And just so you don't think this is just some random rant by your psychotic brother, Benjamin does not have a big head! His head is perfectly proportionate to his little body.

Eric and Jessica said...

Kristen you are going to be a GREAT mom. I'm sure everyone has those dreams/fears, I know I did and I still do! Oh and Ethan's birthday is on Sunday, you guys are coming over for it!