Monday, September 05, 2016

Last hoorah

School starts tomorrow. I'm not gunna lie, we had a kind of lame summer. Both Jared and I worked super hard this summer and the kids had to go to camp all summer. Camp sounds fun, until you go for 9 weeks straight.

Summer wasn't a total bust, but it wasn't our best. 

We decided to spend the holiday and the last day before school hiking. We love hiking. Well, I love hiking. The kids did a good job of humoring me. 



We hiked cape falcon just south of cannon beach. This is one of the less known hikes along the coast. It was beautiful, so green, and almost desserted. We only ran into two other hikers along the trail and its a holiday at the end of summer. The view from the top was beautiful. It was a tad difficult,if I had known how long and strenuous it was, I might have choosen a different hike for he kids sake. 

It was a great day and they are so tuckered they are already asleep, even with the excitement of school starting tomorrow. 








This view is one of the few things that I recognize that I will miss when she grows up. 

The view was awesome, but hearing the waves crash from the high up was awesome. No justice to the view is made from this pic. It was beautiful. 








No comments: