Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I should have known... another story of failure.

I should have known that beans in cookies would be an atrocious ending. Why would you put beans in cookies? Seriously Kristen, you should have known this would be an epic fail from the very begining.




First you must know this. 

1. Cookies, and more particularly chocolate chips cookies, are a weakness for me.

2. Growing up, I could not make a good batch of cookies to save my life, and my brother teased me incessantly about this fact. I may or may not have a complex because of this.

3. It took me until about a year into our marriage to find "THE RIGHT" recipe. And now, there is no need to deviate from this recipe. It is tried and true, they are DELISH every-time, However, they are fatty mc fat fat.

4. One of my new years resolutions was to eat and cook healthier. 

That all being said... I tried substituting white beans for some of the butter in my FAVORITE chocolate chip cookie recipe. 

Sad story... they tasted like bark mulch from the playground. I am not kidding, they literally tasted like that... like I would know what playground bark tastes like, but I swear you would agree.




EPIC FAIL!!!

What ever you do... DO NOT TRY THIS. I beg of you, learn from my mistakes and do not put beans in cookies. 

Now that I think about it, why would you, why did I? This should never have happened. 

2 comments:

Katie said...

LOL!! I'm so glad you tried that first and blogged about it, I've been curious about it for a long time! Another one I've heard is black beans in brownies... can you try that out for me and let me know how it goes? Haha!

Oh and to answer your question about edamame, I bought a frozen box of Edamame with Sea Salt (I think it cost $1) and you just microwave it per the instructions on the box and shell them and eat the insides only!! I ate a pod and was like, THESE ARE GROSS and then I read the box... haha. Good luck!

Gina Hurst said...

Yeah, Doug always told me about your lack of cookie making abilites. I tried to teach you but you wouldn't listen! In fact, I remember you getting really mad at me over cookies!! Instead of beans try using applesauce. They taste pretty good. Just know that the color of the cookies will be different, so don't burn them.