Friday, August 19, 2011

GOOD dates are few and far between.

With limited recourses and two small children, it seems a task to just get out of the house without the kids let alone making it a good date. Honestly, we usually just drive around town arguing about where to eat or what is cheap enough to do. 

But last night we splurged a little and Jared took me to the fair. It was lots of fun. 

Self portrait attempt #1 (thought it was kinda cool.)





Ok, the real reason we went to the fair was not to spend a little money to have a quality date, it was because I entered some of my photos. I had to enter the professional division because I make money doing it, but I got honorable mention on all three of my photographs. I am pretty proud of that. Two years ago, I entered photos in the regular division and didn't win anything, so this is a great accomplishment for me.



And I am extatic about this... I twisted the arm of one of my young women at church to enter some of her work in the junior division, and she got THIRD PLACE on two of her photos. SO SO SO SO proud of her. Such a neat thing. 

I love this man... it was a fun date night. 



1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so glad to hear that we aren't the only ones with dates that end up with us arguing/annoyed over where to eat/money that's being spent.

and I love that band! I'm excited for you...and jealous.