Wednesday, July 14, 2010

getting ready

We had our second to last  doctors appointment yesterday. And I am still prego, thank goodness. I was very worried that they were going to make me go in right after that appointment, but all checked out. My blood pressure was WAY down, I even lost a pound, probably because I wasn't as swollen because my blood pressure was down.

We had to have an ultrasound because she is measuring so big and because my blood pressure was high. It was a little weird to have one at 38 weeks, but I didn't argue. She is beautiful. She has big cheeks and big lips and her little hand was in front of her face. I am so excited to see her. The ultra sound concluded that baby is around 8 lbs already. This means that she is in the 90th percentile, translation... BIG! The doctor said normally when the baby is this big they would talk about a possible c-section, but since I am already scheduled for that route, were good.

Photobucket

The best news is that we had a completely different ultrasound tech and she said the same thing the last one said... "Oh she is going to have hair." how they can see that I have NO idea, but two tech have said it, it must be true. Cross your fingers for red.

I am starting to feel a lot more prepared and ready. Remember this list? I can now cross off a lot more things...
  • Baby shower is over and it was FANTASTIC. I owe a huge THANKS to so many wonderful people...
Photobucket
oh and this is the dress I made for myself from the to do list, I did finish it and it was so cute, I will post a better picture of it later. 
  • My sister-in-law Sarah came over yesterday to help me clean and organize
  • Kroten's clothes are now in a dresser
  • Baby's clothes are washed and sorted in the changing table
  • Bassinet is finished and set up...
Photobucket Isnt it beautiful, Jared refinished it and set it up. This is the bassinet that I slept in as a baby.


  • Baby girl bling is set up next to mommy bling...
Photobucket


  • My bag is packed...
Photobucket



  • We have the name narrowed down to three (this is progress)...
PhotobucketNames blurred for security purposes. ;)


  • I have an appointment to get my eye brows waxed on thursday
  • I think Kman is getting all set...
Photobucket
He even sings twinkle twinkle to his "baby sister" unfortunatly he also makes her jump on the bed which consists of him throwing her.

Although I am not all the way ready, and probably never will  be, things are starting to feel right. Baby girl can come any time... actually can you please wait till Nana gets here next week!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Um, I don't like how you blurred the names out ; ) lol, you are awesome! I love the hot pink sheets, that is so totally you. And that is the best 3D ultrasound pic I have ever seen, she is GORGEOUS!

LeaAnne said...

:) I like name # 2~
Love you!

BECKY said...

so exciting... it will be fun to see how big she really comes out to be!! and hear her name!

quincy said...

I'm glad you are feeling more prepared and SUPER happy that your blood pressure is lower. She'll be here before you know it!

Ging said...

WON- derful. So glad you had a shower- girl stuff is the best. I am very thrilled for you to get to have a girl. I am also happy to hear that your blood pressure is down. We will wait with patience,.. and then we will come and see for ourselves. Really.

Anonymous said...

Just so you know. I went back and checked. I can see a fee of the letters. I can tell that there is a ____ in the first two and all three end with a ____. Lol just saying. I can't think of anything that fits those guide lines. But still. I figured I'd let ya know :)

lalalovely lindsay said...

That's a super cute hospital bag. Where'd you get it? I'd love to have one!